- January 6, 2020
- Posted by: Certified ProAdvisor
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
Easy Method to get rid of QuickBooks has stopped working issue
QuickBooks is one of the most used accounting software’s. Today mid and small-sized businesses all across the globe use this software as it is packed with some amazing features that ensures smooth business operations. This application can track expenses, create invoices, pay bills, handle accounting and payroll etc. Every year, Intuit launches a new version of QuickBooks desktop that has new and improved features for the users. The best thing is that this application user-friendly.
Even though QuickBooks have gained immense popularity, users often face certain errors which creates obstacles for their business operations. One of the most common error face is QuickBooks has stopped working. So, in this blog we will indepth discuss about the causes and solutions to this problem. However, if you need an instant help of experts then you can dial QuickBooks error support number .I.E. +1-800-969-7370.
You might also read: How to resolve QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error?
What causes QuickBooks has stopped working error?
Know the causes behind QuickBooks has stopped working or not responding error. There are a number of reasons why you QuickBooks Desktop has stopped working or trigger some actions which doesn’t allow the software to respond or affect any action that you perform. So below are few of the causes behind this error.
- One of the possible causes can be the name of the company is too long and that causes limitation errors which leads to the crash of the software
- Another reason can be QWBUSER.INI file is missing from the system or it is corrupted due to some other reason.
- The hard drive where the data and software are installed is corrupted
- Damaged operating system due to some reason.
- A common cause is damaged or corrupt other files of QuickBooks software program
- The specifications of the computer on which the software is installed are not resourced properly to get the job done
- The QuickBooks Desktop is not installed in the proper way or the installer may be corrupted from the very start.
- The Anti-virus program or the windows defender might not have recognized QuickBooks as a safe software.
You might see the following error when this error occurs in your computer system:
Read Also: Troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 6147, 0
Symptoms of QuickBooks has stopped working or not responding error
The symptoms of the error QuickBooks has stopped working or not responding. Below are the possible symptoms to the error QuickBooks stopped working or not responding.
- Your computer is frequently restarting.
- Your PC and QuickBooks have stopped working.
- The computer might freeze, hang or wouldn’t respond to any of the input commands.
- When you open the company file, QuickBooks quits all of a sudden.
Ways to Fix QuickBooks has Stopped working or not Responding Problem
We have discussed what might be the possible causes of QuickBooks not responding or continuously crashing. And accordingly we have come up few solutions that can resolve this error.
Follow these quick steps before proceeding to the main solution methods:
Step 1: Restart the computer on which you are facing the error.
Step 2: After the computer has been rebooted open QuickBooks accounting software.
Important: Do note that when you open the QuickBooks desktop you have to hold down the control key so that the software opens in the safe mode.
Below are the ways through which QuickBooks has stopped working issue can be fixed.
Solution 1: Using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool (QB Install Tool)
- First thing to do is to download and install the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Whenever you are facing the problem of QuickBooks not responding or crashing, save the record of the issue to the local desktop.
- Now close any of the programs that are running in the system and then run QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool. This tool will take around 20 minutes time to fix the error.
- After the tool has done its job, you have to restart the PC and ensure that all the segments are updated to the latest version.
Solution 2: Rename/Delete QBWUSER.INI file
- The first thing to do is to ensure that you are on the local desktop and then click on ‘Windows + E‘ keys so as to open the computer window
- After this search for the ‘Organize’ tab then select the option and click on the ‘Folder and Search‘ options
- Now click on the View tab and in the Advanced Settings enable the ‘Show Hidden files and folders’ which you will find under the ‘Hidden files and folders’ option and then you have to click on OK button.
- Once done go to ‘My Computer‘ then to C drive followed by ‘Files and Settings‘ then provide your username the go to ‘Local settings‘ followed by Application data then to Intuit and finally to QuickBooks (Year).
- After you are in folder by following the above mentioned step you need to locate a file named QBWUSER.INI. Once you have found it, either you can ‘Delete it or Rename‘ it.
Note that you need not worry about backing up the file as the software will automatically make a new one as soon as QuickBooks starts running.
Solution 3: A Clean Install, Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks
Using a clean install utility tool you have to uninstall and then reinstall QuickBooks. This will actually fix the QuickBooks stopped working or not responding error on Windows 10.
Solution 4: Give a different name to the INI file
- Rename QBWUSER.INI document discards the rundown of your advance opened organization papers so that you can reopen your company files
- Change the name of the Entitlement DataeStore.ecml file
- If by following the above steps the software starts to run again then try opening up a test company file.
Solution 5: Create a new windows admin user
- First of all you need to click on Start or Windows button
- After that choose Settings and click on Accounts .
- After that select Family & other users option and choose Add someone else to this computer.
- Now choose I don’t have this person’s sign-in information, and on the next page,
- After that choose Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Finally enter a username, password, password hint or choose security questions, and then select Next.
Your new windows admin user is created successfully through the above steps.
The above four solutions can easily fix the problem of QuickBooks has stopped working or not responding. However, if the problem doesn’t get resolved then you have to take help from the QuickBooks enterprise support team. These are basically well trained experts of QuickBooks who are available 24×7 to help you solve these kinds of errors and also share tips and tricks to avoid them. Feel free to dial our toll-free .I.E. +1-800-969-7370 and get in touch with experts.
In case of any QuickBooks errors you experience, it is always better take help from experienced experts in the field.
Other helpful articles: