- September 20, 2019
- Posted by: Certified ProAdvisor
- Category: QuickBooks Payroll
Unleash the simple steps to do away with QuickBooks error code 80070057
Unquestionably, QuickBooks is the finest accounting software, that is used by entrepreneurs across the globe. It is a feature packed accounting software that helps the business owners to smoothly handle the daily accounting operations. While exploring the features and functionalities of this software, users might encounter certain bugs and glitches that might hinder their working process of the business. Once such error is QuickBooks Error 80070057 – The parameter is incorrect. This error is generally encountered when the user tries to open a company file.
When the error occurs you may see the following screen message on your display:
Today’s article is based on such error, as we will be discussing the causes along with the cures of QuickBooks error 80070057. For further details, you can reach out to our QuickBooks error technical support team by dialing our toll-free number +1-800-969-7370. Our team of skilled professionals and certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors leave no stone unturned to provide the finest possible services round the clock.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?
Error: 80070057 the parameter is incorrect or You do not have sufficient permissions
80070057 the parameter is incorrect.
This error generally occurs when the user tries to open a company file from a workstation located on a server or a host computer. This error means that the company file was created in the earlier version. This issue can be easily resolved by following certain steps and techniques. To resolve this error, the user can either verify the company file name extension or carry out the clean installation of QuickBooks desktop. The user can also convert files from Mac to Windows, and configuring the BitDefender to permit QuickBooks desktop communication.
Triggers to the QuickBooks update Error 80070057
- The very first reason that might end up in such error can be, when the QuickBooks is unable to read the company file, because the company file extension was changed.
- If by any chance QuickBooks installation gets spoiled somehow.
- If the user is using any third party firewall, which is not configured.
- Also, when the QuickBooks perceives the damage in the company file, during the installation process of the software.
- If the user is making an attempt to open a portable file without using QuickBooks.
Steps to rectify the Error 80070057
Following the simple steps involved in any of the techniques can help the QuickBooks users to get rid of this error.
Method 1: Verify the company file name extension
To get rid of the error, the user is required to verify the company file name extension. Simple steps can be followed for the verification steps:
- The first step is to right-click the company file.
- After that, the user is required to select the Properties.
- Once done with the above steps, the user is required to hit QuickBooks tab.
- The next step is, to note the file extension in the filename field and QuickBooks Version in the last opened with a file.
- The final step is to click on OK.
Change the Extension
- The user is required to create a new folder.
- The next step is to copy the company file and then paste it into a new folder.
- Once done with that, the user is required to right-click on the new folder and tap on Rename.
- After that, change the file extension to .qbm, followed by save changes.
- Now, restore the portable by opening QuickBooks Desktop.
- In case the user is facing problem at the time of opening QuickBooks, rename the extension to .qbb
- The next step is to open the QB desktop and restore the backup.
- In case the file doesn’t open, rename the extension to .qbx
- Now, the user is required to open the QB convert to an accounting copy.
Copying the company file and then pasting the same to another folder
- The user is required to open the Windows Explorer.
- After that visit the File option and then right-click and choose new folder.
- The next step is to copy the company file.QBW from the flash drive, followed by pasting it in a new folder.
- The final step is to open the QuickBooks Desktop and then open a new folder.
Method 2: Update your QuickBooks to the latest release
- First of all you need to visit to the QuickBooks Help menu, and then choose Update QuickBooks option.
- navigate to the Update Now tab, on the Update QuickBooks window,
- Now choose the Get Updates option.
- After that reboot your QuickBooks desktop.
- Once the system rebooted you need to accept the option to install the new release.
We now end the article, and hope that it might be helpful in removing the error 80070057. The above enumerated solution can help you to get rid of the error, if followed properly. In case the user is still encountering the same issue, then it is suggested to get in touch with a QuickBooks expert and skilled professional, in order to avoid any further mess.
You can also dial our toll-free number +1-800-969-7370, and consult our QuickBooks enterprise customer support team for any doubt. We own a team of highly qualified and certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors, who are well-versed in dealing with any kind of issue associated with QuickBooks.
Users also searched for: