- July 25, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
Similar to all the other errors, QuickBooks Error 6189 is also a common error that is usually faced by the users when they try to install the software. This error is caused by the damaged framework .xml file. In this article, we will apprise you with the common causes of this error along with the symptoms and methods to resolve it.
This error can be recognized as when the user tries to open the company file, you find this error, which means that you are not able to access your company file. Here we will give solutions. If the solutions do not work for you, you can call on our toll-free QuickBooks helpline .i.e. 1(800)969-7370. Our experts stay active 24*7 on this QuickBooks error support number.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6189
- The download of QuickBooks software is damaged or it has not been completely installed.
- There may be corruption in Windows registry due to the latest QB software change
- In Windows system files, there is some virus or malware infection or the important files of the software have been damaged by the QuickBooks related programs files.
- Some malicious software deleted the QB program files. In some situations, even good software also delete program files of the other software.
How to Resolve this QuickBooks Error code 6189?
Learn the possible ways to resolve the QuickBooks error code 6189.
Solution 1: Restart your system and server
- Restart the Desktop that has your company file
- If data is saved on the server, then also restart the server
- If the error is still there, go ahead with the Step 2.
Solution 2: Install the QuickBooks Database Manager on your server
- Install QuickBooks or QuickBooks Database Manager on the server, where your company file is stored
- Don’t worry because no additional license is required to download Database Manager
- So, now install QuickBooks Database manager
- Restart the server once it is installed.
Solution 3: Check for Storage of Data File on Network Drive
- Make sure that the file is not located on any removable drive or may on any NAS device
- This is because such devices are not permitted to run the QuickBooks Database manager
- In some cases, data corruption can happen.
Solution 4: When you are using data file share service
- Do not use file sharing service for the sake of your company file. File sharing services include Dropbox, Box.net and any other type of online sync service.
- Using online auto backup utilities for QuickBooks can also be the reason.
- Accessing company files in these ways can be the reason
- So, simply move your company file out of the Dropbox folder and copy it to the C drive of the desktop.
Solution 5: Use Encryption Software on the System
- Encrypting your company file is not recommended by Intuit and any other QuickBooks ProAdvisor
- If you want to disable the software, then you will have to contact your encryption software vendor.
If you find that you are not able to resolve the error, then it is better to contact QuickBooks enterprise customer support on our toll-free number +1(800)969-7370. You can call us anytime, as our experts are available to help you with their expertise.