- August 21, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
For many years, QuickBooks has proved to be the No.1 accounting software in the market. It is accepted by all types of business owners. QuickBooks renders the best tools in bookkeeping and maintaining all the business accounts. QuickBooks software always comes with various new features and different advancements in its versions. But some technical constraints can hinder its access.
Here in this article, we will learn about one of the common errors found in QuickBooks i.e. QuickBooks Error code 6147, 0. We will discuss all the related causes and will also deal with the necessary solutions. This post includes the methods to resolve the errors regarding the process.
About QuickBooks Error code 6147, 0
This error code is very common among the QuickBooks users. You may also this error very often while operating QuickBooks. The error code 6147 is a part of the error series 6000. This error generally occurs when you try restore or backup the QuickBooks file. Sometimes, It can also arise when you try to open the company file.
Symptoms to find QuickBooks error 6147, 0
Given below are some points through which you can recognize the error code:
- You will not be able to get in your company file.
- Getting an Error message on your screen
- Slow access to the software.
- You are not able to restore your backup file.
What Causes QuickBooks error 6147, 0?
There are many reasons responsible for this error in the software. These are listed below:
- When you restore backup file from an external drive or a network drive
- Corruption in the . ND or. TLG extensions
- Damaged .QBW file
- Incorrect folder permission to the folder in which you have QuickBooks company file
- QuickBooks company file is opened by a mapped drive that might have got deleted or the path no longer exists.
Easy Steps to Resolve the QuickBooks Error 6147, 0
Some simple and easy methods to resolve this error are given below:
Method 1: Install and use QuickBooks file doctor tool
The File doctor tool can easily fix the errors of the QB software. It scans the software and resolve all the errors.
Method 2: Make back-up files at a different location
- Ensure that the hosting of the system is not performed.
- Click on the ‘File menu‘ and then select ‘Utilities‘.
- If the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User‘ option is there in the list, follow the given steps-
- Stop the Hosting Multi-User access.
- Click ‘Yes‘ on the window shown. Wait for the next window to open.
- Click ‘Yes‘ with company file closed.
- Restore with the backup file present on the system.
Method 3: Configure Trend Micro Active Scan settings
- Find the company’s file location.
- Press ‘Ctrl‘ and then double click on QuickBooks and do not disturb the company file.
- Make sure that Company’s file should be on the top. Then, choose the ‘company file‘.
- The file list will open that would display the location of the file.
- Open the scan settings of the ‘Trend Micro‘ active scan and select the folder and add it to the exception.
Method 4: Repair .ND and .TLG file
- Open the folder that has your ‘QuickBooks company file‘.
- Go to ‘.ND and .TLG file‘.
- Right click on these files and rename it to ‘.ND old and .TLG old‘.
Method 5: Rename ADR file as QuickBooks Working file
- Open the folder with the QuickBooks company file.
- Search for QuickBooks ‘.ADR folder‘
- Open the folder and see for recent ‘ADR file‘
- Right click on that file and rename it to .qbw.
Definitely, the above steps and procedures will prove to helpful for all the users to resolve the QuickBooks error 6147, 0. We hope that users will easily manage to understand the above information given in this article. This post consists of the perfect procedure to solve this error. This article clearly makes you aware of all the errors that you may face and how to fix them.
Here, we are winding up this article with a belief that you will show trust in QuickBooks and will follow the solutions given in this post. If you anytime face any query, Contact us on our QuickBooks enterprise support number .i.e. +1-800-969-7370 and get connected to our tech experts.
You’ll also like: