- September 16, 2019
- Posted by: Certified ProAdvisor
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
QuickBooks is the best software that assists the users to register all the transactional reports, along with the data between different companies. But at times, while upgrading the company file, or at the time of opening the company file from a network server, the QuickBooks users might encounter certain errors, namely the QuickBooks error 6123. If you have ever stumbled upon any such error, then you can simply fix this issue with the steps discussed below.
However, a quick fix to such errors can be, getting in touch with QuickBooks support team, by dialing our toll-free number +1-800-969-7370.
In this blog today we are going to discuss about the error code 6123, 0. Since the causes may be differ for the users. There might be multiple causes behind to this error so it become difficult to predict and find out the exact reason for this error.
What is QuickBooks error 6123, 0 and what are its causes?
At times when the QuickBooks users try to restore the QuickBooks company files from the backup hard disk, or performing other actions, an error message might pop-up on the screen stating “Connection to the company file has been lost.”
You might see the following error message on your desktop screen:
What may causes QuickBooks error -6123,0
There can be plenty of reasons behind such error, a few of which includes the following:
- The very first cause can be restoring the company file from an external storage device.
- Or any kind of damage to the QuickBooks company data file.
- Another reason can be, if the firewall setting interrupts the QuickBooks software to open the company.
- Also, damaged windows may end up in such errors.
- And the list continues…………..
Best Methods to eliminate the QuickBooks error 6123, 0
In order to resolve the QuickBooks error code 6123, 0 you need to follow the below given techniques.
Technique 1- Downloading QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- The very first step is to download the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- After that run the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Followed by browsing the company file.
- After which, the user is required to select the check file damage only and diagnose file respectively.
- Once done with that, the user needs to enter the admin password and hit OK.
- Now, choose the Open file in the Newer Version option.
- Move ahead by following the prompts that might appear on the screen.
- The final step in this technique is to restart the system, and hopefully, the error will be resolved.
Technique 2- Disabling the Antivirus programs
It might be a case when the antivirus programs obstruct the company file, due to which the company file couldn’t be opened by the QuickBooks users. In such cases, it is suggested to disable the antivirus program for a sometime and then try to open the file.
Technique 3- Renaming .ND and .TLG file
- To begin with, the user should open the folder having the company file.
- After that, he/she is required to select the corresponding .ND file of the company.
- Once done with that, right-click the company file, followed by selecting the Rename option.
- The next step is to rename the .ND file as .ND.OLD
- And now, select the .TLG file and rename this file as well.
- Rename the file to .TLG.OLD
- The last step in this technique is to open the QuickBooks company file and it is believed that the error might be resolved till now.
Technique 4- Creating a new window user
There might be situations when the current Windows user login gets corrupted, in such cases, the user should opt for creating a new window user.
- To start with, the user is required to open the Control Panel.
- After that, the user should opt for the Create New User option, in the user Icon.
- Now, choose the Admin for user type.
- The next step is to log out.
- And then, reboot the system, followed by login using the new user credentials.
- Once done with that, the user is required to move the company file to the desktop.
- The last and final step is to open the QuickBooks software and then access the company file.
Technique 4- Set Proper Folder Permissions
Here is the list of the folders whose permissions need to be set to full control.
- C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6.0
- C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v5
- C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v3
- C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client
- C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions X.0 (X = version) or C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX.
- C:\Program Data\COMMON FILES\INTUIT
- C:\Program Data\COMMON FILES\INTUIT\QUICKBOOKS
- C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\FAMXX (XX = year)
- C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files
- C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Sample Company Files\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions X.0 (X = version) or C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Sample Company Files\QuickBooks 20XX (where XX = year)
Once you have changed the folder permissions, you need to open the QuickBooks and login into your company file.
With this we come to the end of the article, and we believe that this article might be helpful to the QuickBooks users to get rid of the error 6123, 0. QuickBooks users can follow any of the techniques enumerated above, in order to get rid of the error.
If by any chance the user is unable to get rid of the error, or in case of any query, the user can simply contact our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team by dialing our toll-free number .I.E. +1-800-969-7370. Our team will be available round the clock, to assist you in your QuickBooks endeavors.
You might also like: