- September 24, 2019
- Posted by: Certified ProAdvisor
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
Unlocking the secrets of fixing QuickBooks Error 6000 in quick way!
We are living in the most changing and challenging era and the change here exemplify QuickBooks, whereas challenges exemplify the QuickBooks errors that the users generally encounter. QuickBooks possess the ability to bridge the gap and create a more flexible space for accounting and bookkeeping. Even though the software might encounter a few glitches here and there, but it is still loved by the entrepreneurs all across the globe. Well, if you want to explore further, then stick to the article and read it carefully.
Many QuickBooks users might find it difficult to tackle the error even after following the prescribed procedures, then in such a case, feel free to talk to our QuickBooks technical support team and our experts QuickBooks ProAdvisors will assist you in making a better decision. To make it easy for you, our executives are available round the clock, you can contact them via our toll-free number .i.e. +1-800-969-7370.
Insight into QuickBooks Error 6000 and its causes
You were trying to open the company file, suddenly a pop-up message appears on the screen stating QuickBooks error 6000 XXX and at the same time it stops you from opening the company file. This can be actually very much frustrating, and being the QuickBooks professionals, we understand this thing. The QuickBooks error 6000 comes with 4 digits error code and also it displays an error message that indicates that the user is unable to open the company file.
Now we come to the triggers to the error, which might include the following:
- Damaged company files can be one of the common triggers to the error 6000.
- If the company data file is used by manifold users, then this type of error could be encountered.
- If the user is trying to convert the company data over the internet connectivity, he/she might end up in stumbling upon QuickBooks error 6000.
- Incomplete or improper installation of QuickBooks can lead to this error.
- Incomplete permission to access the company file can stop the user from using the QuickBooks company file and also can end up in such kind of error.
- Your firewall connection is blocking the internet connection.
- Your .TLG file is damaged or corrupted.
- And the list goes on …………
You’ll also like: Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 20 – Printer Not Activated
The following are the different -6000 series errors you may encounter:
|QuickBooks -6000 Errors||Possible Cause|
|-6176, 0||Firewall is blocking the connection between the two computers|
|-6000, -107||The .TLG file is corrupted|
|-6000, -1076||QuickBooks installation is corrupted|
|-6010, -100||A computer that is not the server is hosting the company file|
|-6012, -1061||Incorrect network setup|
|-6129, -101||Incorrect folder permission or if the QB Database Server Manager is not working properly|
|-6190, 816||Another user is logged in to the company file in single user mode.It can also be a mismatch between the transaction log file (.tlg) and the company file (.qbw)|
|-6000, -832||This error normally occurs when hosting is turned on or the .ND file is not working properly|
|-6144, -304||When you start QuickBooks or open your company file and sometimes this happens on a sample file|
|-6000, -305||Incorrect network setup or it could be that the company file is damaged|
|-6073, -816||Multiple computers are hosting the file or it could be firewall settings are blocking the connection or it could be the file is damaged|
|-6144,-103||The .ND file has an incorrect path to your company file or if the Windows user account used by QuickBooks Database Manager is damaged|
|-6120, 0||One of the work stations is hosting the company file or the firewall port 8019 is blocked|
|-6087, 0||This error occurs when opening the file locally|
|-6147, 0||You receive this error when you open the company file or restore a company backup (.QBB)|
Techniques to fix QuickBooks error code -6000
Well, in order to fix this issue, there can be more than one solution. This article contains a few of the most important and effective solutions to fix this error. So, without further delay, let us check out those techniques one by one.
Technique #1: Reconstructing damaged folder to resolve the error 6000
- The first step in this process is to create a new folder on the C:\drive.
- After that, the user is required to open the folder that has the company file.
- Trace the .qbw file.
- The next step in this process is to right click the .qbw file and select copy.
- Now, the user is required to open the new folder, and then right-click, followed by selecting the paste option.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to set the access permission for the windows for sharing the company files.
- And towards the end of the process, the user is required to open the QuickBooks desktop and open the file from the new location.
Read also: Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error code 80070057
Technique #2: Restore a backup
- To begin with this process, the QuickBooks user is required to open their respective company file.
- Then, head towards the next step by clicking on to the file.
- Moving ahead, tap on the Utilities option.
- If you see the Stop Multi-user access on the list, then make sure to click on the same.
- Along with that, edit the company file name ensuring that it fits in 210 characters and you are good to go.
Technique #3: Rename .ND and .TLG files
- Firstly open the location of the company file.
- After that search for the company file you are trying to repair.
- Now search for the files that have the .nd and the .tlg extensions.
- You need to right click on the files and then click on rename option.
- Change the extensions of the files.
- Ensure that the file extensions are .OLD at the end of them.
- Now open your QuickBooks and login to your account.
Technique #4: Close all QuickBooks processes
- Firstly login as the system administrator on the server computer.
- After that press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys together to open the task manager.
- Click on show processes for all users by choose the Users tab.
- Choose each QuickBooks process (QBW32.EXE, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe), and then click on End Task tab.
- Once the processes closed open the company file in multi-user mode.
On this note we conclude this article and also believe that after reading this article you might have accomplished your goal of rectifying the QuickBooks error 6000. In case you think that any of your queries remained unanswered, or if you require expert assistance, then without any second though you can call us at our QuickBooks error support toll-free number .i.e. +1-800-969-7370.
We own a group of highly skilled professionals and certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors, who leave no stone unturned to provide QuickBooks users with effective solutions to all QB related errors, along with utmost satisfaction. Thus, do not hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to help you!
You’ll also like: