- September 18, 2019
- Posted by: Certified ProAdvisor
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
QuickBooks error code 1904 is a commonly spotted error as a consequence of damaged file/component or inappropriate file location. This type of error occurs when the system becomes unstable and also the files start missing. If the system doesn’t get maintained often, then this problem might take place frequently. In order to avoid additional damage, the user is required to fix the issue instantly.
Note: If you see a message about “Error 1904: [file path / name / extension] failed to register,” then you should not be worry. Your QuickBooks data and company files are in safe and good shape.
In today’s article, we will be discussing the simple methods to rectify this error. However, you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks desktop support team, for expert assistance. Just dial our toll-free number and you are good to go +1-800-969-7370.
Read also: What is QuickBooks Error Code 6189?
How to identify the QuickBooks error 1904?
- If the user is unable to install the QuickBooks software
- QuickBooks error 1904 pops-up on the screen
- In case when the Windows hangs or crashes frequently
- Also, if the computer responds sluggishly to the keyboard inputs.
What triggers the error code 1904?
- Damaged Microsoft component can be one such reason
- Also, when a new windows OS has been installed on the computer
- If the user is lacking the permissions required for the installation of the QuickBooks
- This type of error can be occurred when a user upgrades the QuickBooks version
- In case when the QuickBooks installer file is not working or is spoiled.
Fixing the QuickBooks error 1904, with simple methods
There can be more than one solution to the error 1904. We will be discussing each of the methods one by one.
Method 1: Using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- The very first step in this method is to tap on ignore when the error message appears on the screen, and complete the QB installing process.
- After that, the user is required to avoid opening the software, and restart the system.
- Now that you have restarted your system, it is time for you to download and run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- Once again reboot your system.
- And finally, you will be able to work on QuickBooks without any issue.
You’ll also like: Best ways to fix QuickBooks error code 80029c4a
Method 2: Making changes to the Windows Account Settings
Step 1: You need to change your Windows administrator account
- In this method, the first step is to switch to Windows admin account.
- Once done with that, visit the file explorer.
- And then, navigate to the common files under the program files in the C drive.
- The next step is to right-click on the common files.
- Followed by selecting properties.
- Now, tap on to the Edit option.
- And then, visit the section that is named as Group or user names and then select Users.
- The next step is to search for the section with the name, Permissions for users and then turn on the necessary permissions, just like the Modify, Read and Execute, List folder contents, Read, Write.
- Now, the user is required to click on the Apply button, followed by hitting OK.
Step 2: Reinstall QuickBooks and sign out
- After that, install QuickBooks and then sign out the admin account.
- Once done with that, the user is required to log in to the usual user account.
- Moving ahead, the user should click on the start option.
- Now, type the words CMD into the search field and then run the CMD as admin.
- Lastly, the user is required to type “net user administrator/active: no” and then hit Enter. This step will ensure that your admin account becomes hidden.
- If you can open QuickBooks with your regular account then you are all set to go.
- If still the error code 1904 is annoying you then we recommend you to please contact your IT professionals because the problem is not on your QuickBooks.
The solutions list doesn’t end over here, but the above enumerated one are the most reliable solutions to get rid of the error. However, if the above-stated solutions doesn’t work in your favor, then it is suggested to get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team by dialing our toll-free number +1-800-969-7370.
We own a highly qualified tech support team and certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors, who have years of experience and expertise in dealing with the errors associated with QuickBooks.
You might also like: