- August 21, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
QuickBooks is the most prominent software for all types of business owners for the bookkeeping and managing their business accounts safely. QuickBooks always served the users with new and latest versions. It has always offered the best features as per the demands of the different kinds of business owners. Although, QuickBooks has been a powerful and most trustworthy tool but due to some technical glitches, it may face some errors in its access.
In this article, we will learn one of the errors which is called QuickBooks error code 15241. We will also learn the various symptoms and its major causes and solutions to fix it later in this article.
What is QuickBooks error code 15241?
QB error code 15241 commonly occurs when the payroll update has not completed successfully. This error is encountered by the QB users very often. This error mainly hinders the installation of payroll updates, and thus, creates a problem in the QuickBooks payroll function. QB error code 15241 encounters with a message-
You receive error 15241: The payroll update did not complete successfully. This error can occur if the QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error code 15241
Given below are the various signs and symptoms of recognizing this error. Read the points given below:
- The program window that you are working on crashes
- An error code 15241 comes on your computer screen.
- Your computer gets crashed when the error appears.
- It gets difficult to work on the computer as Windows becomes very slow.
- The computer freezes completely for some moments.
What may causes QuickBooks error 15241?
- A downloaded file is corrupted.
- QuickBooks installation remains incomplete.
- QuickBooks install or uninstall has caused Windows registry corruption.
- A virus or some other malware has caused the corruption of QuickBooks files or Windows system files.
- Some QuickBooks files have been deleted by mistake by some other program installed on your system.
Best Methods to resolve the QuickBooks Error 15241
Given below are the various solutions to fix the error code 15241. Follow them carefully to get rid of this error. However, you can take help from our QuickBooks desktop support executives in order to resolve the problem.
On Windows 8, 7,Vista, or 10
Perform the steps if you are using Windows 8, 7, Vista, or 10:
- Shut down QuickBooks Desktop.
- Tap on the Start button and right-click on the Computer and press Manage.
For Windows 10: Click on the Search button on the taskbar and look for the device. Right-click on this PC and select the option Manage.
- In the left pane, click ‘Services and Applications’.
- In the right pane, double-click on ‘Services‘.
- Then, Double-click on ‘Intuit QuickBooks FCS‘.
- Going on the general tab, select the ‘Startup‘ type drop-down arrow and choose ‘Manual‘.
- Click on ‘Apply‘.
- Choose Start and click ‘OK‘.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and download the QuickBooks desktop product updates.
- Lastly, Update payroll tax tables.
On Windows XP
Perform the steps if you are using Windows XP:
- Firstly close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Right-click on ‘My Computer‘ and choose ‘Manage‘ from the desktop.
- Click on ‘Services and Applications‘ > then choose ‘Services.’
- Then, the Services window will open in the right.
- Scroll down and double-click on the ‘Intuit QuickBooks FCS service‘. Open the Intuit QuickBooks FCS Properties window.
- On the General tab, tap on the ‘Startup type drop-down arrow‘ and choose ‘Manual‘
- Click on ‘OK‘ and then open QuickBooks desktop.
- Then, Download the QuickBooks Desktop product updates.
- Finally, Update ‘payroll tax tables‘.
We have provided the best solutions for correcting the QuickBooks error 15241. We assure you that this article will provide the best information which you need to know about the given topic. Hopefully, QuickBooks users will be able to find and resolve the QB error code 15241 by following and using the above solution. Expectedly, this article will provide the best guidance for all the QuickBooks users.
For any other queries, you can dial our toll-free +1(800)969-7370 and connect with our QuickBooks payroll customer service team and accounting professionals. We are always there for your help and assure you the best of our services.