- August 9, 2019
- Posted by: Certified ProAdvisor
- Category: QuickBooks Support
QuickBooks is the most used and trusted software for accounting and book-keeping all over the world. It is proper for all types of enterprise proprietors and assists in enhancing their transactions, records, and activities. Sometimes, the users may encounter some obstacles while performing the QB software due to various problems.
In this post, we are going to discuss about one of the most common error ( .i.e. QuickBooks Error 1321) which is faced by many QB users while using the software. We will also discuss the various causes and methods to resolve the problem.
However, to save your important data files and efforts to resolving this error, you can contact to our QuickBooks error support team. Our certified professionals have years of experience in this industry and they are capable to tackle all type of accounting problems.
What is QuickBooks error 1321?
Whenever the users try to connect or update your company file, error 1321 occurs. There are too many symptoms and causes behind to this error. Let’s start with it’s causes:
When installing or updating , you see Error 1321, followed by one of these messages:
The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\sdkeventl.DLL
The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\CfScan.DLL
The Installer has insufficient Privileges to modify the file at C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks YEAR\QBONLI32.DLL
The Installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file 
What Causes QuickBooks error 1321?
There are several possible causes for this error which are given below –
- The file update method may be quicker than the file copy process.
- The antivirus or security software (such as Web Root, McAfee) is clashing with or obstructing QuickBooks.
- The Windows permits for the folder including the file are set to restrict way.
- The file which is referenced in the error is in use or damaged.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error 1321
There are various symptoms of QuickBooks errors 1321 which are discussed below –
- The QB file update process may occur quicker than the process of the file copy.
- The antivirus software is not invalid terms and is obstructing the installation of the update.
- The Windows licenses for the folder having the file are kept as “restrict access“.
- The file is either damaged or in use.
Best Method to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1321
There are various methods to resolve the QuickBooks error 1321. Some of are discussed below –
Method 1 – Switch off the Antivirus temporarily
- You need to temporarily disable your antivirus or security software.
- Now complete the entire installation or QuickBooks update.
- At last, re-enable your antivirus or security software.
Method 2 – Create a new user account having administrative privilege
- Firstly, tap on the ‘Start‘ button.
- Then, tick on ‘Control Panel‘ and after that select ‘Users/Accounts‘.
- Then you pick “New User”
- Now provide a name to the account and make sure that it is set as an administrator.
- Then, perform creating an account by agreeing on “create account”
- At last, Log out of the account that is currently being used.
Method 3 – Download and Run the QBinstall tool
- Firstly, download the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool from Intuit official website.
- After that ‘save‘ it to desired location on your PC.
- Once the ‘QBinstall tool‘ successfully downloaded, click twice to install it on your PC.
- Run the QB install tool to repair the ‘Error 1321: The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file‘.
Solution 4: Edit the Windows permissions on the folder
The below given steps require that you know whether you are running a 32 bit version – or 64 bit version of Windows.
- Firstly Press ‘Windows +R‘ keys to open the ‘Run‘ box, on your keyboard.
- After that enter the path for the folder containing the QuickBooks program files in the open field, and then press the ‘Enter key‘
32-bit versions of Windows (10, 8, 7)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 18.0
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 17.0
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 16.0
Pro and Premier
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2018
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2017
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2016
Point of Sale
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 12.0
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 11.0
64-bit versions of Windows (10, 8, 7)
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 18.0
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 17.0
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 16.0
Pro and Premier
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2018
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2017
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2016
Point of Sale
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 12.0
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 11.0
- Select ‘View > Customize this folder‘, in the new window
- After that go to the ‘Security‘ tab, from the Properties window,
- Now on the security tab, click ‘Administrators‘.
- After that choose the ‘Allow‘ checkbox next to ‘Full Control‘.
- Now choose the ‘SYSTEM‘ user, on the ‘Security tab‘
- Choose ‘Allow‘ checkbox next to ‘Full Control‘.
- Click ‘OK‘ to close the ‘Properties‘ window.
- Finally Install your QuickBooks.
Get in touch with our support team
Our technical certified specialist’s team that has depth experience of QuickBooks which aid to fix our problems in a short period of time. They also provide a facility of remote accessibility, 24/7. In fact, end users can seek quick assistance by dialing our QuickBooks error support number. We believe that this post gives the best information and facts concerning the QuickBooks error 1321.
Some other helpful blogs/articles