- August 30, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
Unleash the simple process to fix QuickBooks won’t open error
Unable to open QuickBooks? Don’t know what to do? No need to panic, we are there to rescue you. Though QuickBooks is one of the finest accounting software, but as QuickBooks involves a lot of codes and algorithms, there are chances to encounter glitches and bugs. The errors occur occasionally, but can cause a great nuisance, while working in the middle of the important work. QuickBooks desktop doesn’t start or won’t open, is one such error that is faced by many users. A number of reasons prevent the QuickBooks form opening correctly, but at the same time, there are manifold possibilities to resolve the same issue, no matter what the actual cause may be.
Today’s article is based on the error QuickBooks unable to open. In this article, we will be discussing the causes, as well as the rectification methods to the same. A quick fix can be getting in touch with QuickBooks error support team, and for this, the user can simply dial our toll-free number .i.e. +1-800-969-7370.
Read also: Steps to Update the QuickBooks desktop
What leads to such error?
There can be several factors that might lead to the error “QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start”. Before we begin the rectification process, let us have a look at the triggers to the error.
- The very first cause can be, if the company file name is very long.
- Or when the QBWUSER.INI file gets damaged or missing.
- When the hard drive gets corrupted, this error might occur.
- If the operating system is damaged, it might end up in such error.
Methods to fix the QuickBooks won’t open error
Method #1 Reboot the system
- Before the user begins the process, it is very much important to reboot the system.
- After that, the user is required to open the QuickBooks file again and find out whether the software opens up or the error persists.
Note: In case the error persists, try the same after disabling the Antivirus program for some time.
Method #2 Renaming the QBWUSER.INI file
- The first step in this solution is to tap on the Windows + E keys altogether.
- After that, the user is required to press Folder, and search options, that are present under the Organize tab on the top left.
- The next step is to press the View tab.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to choose the Show hidden files and folders and hit OK, under the Advanced Setting>>Hidden files and folder.
- Now, the user should go to My Computer>> C: drive>> Documents>> [Your user name]>> Application Data>> Intuit >> QuickBooks [year].
- The last step in this method is to right-click on the QBWUSER.INI file and then tap on Delete.
You’ll also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Validation Code Issues?
Method #3 Opening the company file from any other folder location
- To begin with this method, the basic step is to press the Windows and E keys simultaneously.
- After that, the user is required to search for the data file that has a .qbw file extension. While locating the file, the next step is to browse the drive on which the data file is located.
- Once the file is located, right-click on the same and then hit Copy option.
- Now, locate your C: Drive and then make a new folder there itself.
- After that, name the folder as QBTEST.
- After renaming, open the folder and then paste the company file at that location.
- Once done with that, the user is required to open QuickBooks and then press the CTRL key.
- Now, move ahead by pressing Open or Restore and existing company, after that, check the folder that you built earlier.
- To end the solution, open the company file from the folder, and you are good to go.
With this, we come to the conclusion of this article. In case the above methods are successful in dealing with the error, then it is recommended to consult QuickBooks experts, as they are well-versed in dealing with such errors and also they are aware of the other relevant solutions that might work in your favor.
So, pick your phone, dial our toll-free number .i.e. +1-800-969-7370, talk to our QuickBooks enterprise support executives, and just relax, as our team will provide the finest possible solution to all your problems.
You’ll also like: