- August 31, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Payroll, Self HelpDesk
Learn the simple process to use QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
Before digging in deep and exploring how to use QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery, it is better to understand what actually ADR is all about. Well, in simple words it can be stated that QuickBooks Auto Data recovery is a feature in the QuickBooks accounting software that permits the users to recover the data, if in case the data loss or corruption occurs. This software was introduced by Intuit. This tool actually allows the user to utilize the essential features of Auto replication, in order to create a duplicate QuickBooks Company File, QuickBooks Transaction Log file, and the auto recovery feature. We will be studying in detail about this topic in today’s article.
However, if you have any confusion, or you are seeking for professional assistance, you can simply talk to our QuickBooks data recovery support executives by dialing our toll-free number .i.e. +1-800-969-7370.
Points you can’t afford to miss out
- It should be noted that the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery tool is only accessible for the QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise for Windows.
- The next point to remember is that this feature is not present in the Accountant Editions.
- Also, the file size limitation is there, i.e., 1.5 Gigabytes and for the backup that exceeds the limit, the user is required to create an Auto Data recovery.
- Another point to remember is to have the latest update of QuickBooks Desktop.
Read also: How to solve QuickBooks Error code 6189?
Recovering the lost data with QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
Step 1– Make use of the original .TLG file with .QBW. adr file
The QuickBooks users is required to use the original Transaction log file and also the Auto Data Recovery version of the company file, in order to recover the latest transactions. The below-enumerated procedure can be followed in order to carry out the process. Let us check out the steps stated below:
- The very first step is to make a new folder on Desktop with the name QB Test.
- After that, the user is required to open the folder where the company file has been saved.
The point to be noted here is that the user can see the company file location on the Product Information Screen and the also the No Company Open Window.
- In the next step, the user can copy the “Corresponding .tlg” file and also can paste it to the QuickBooks Test Folder on the Desktop.
You’ll also like: Fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085?
Step 2- Reflect/show file Extensions
- The user is required to tap on the Windows+ E tabs, in order to open the File Explorer.
- Once done with that, the user is required to tap on, Organize and select the Folder and then hit the search options.
- The Windows 10, 8, 1 & 8, the user is required to view and select the Filename Extension.
- The next step is to select the Hide Extensions for the known file types.
- In the next step, the user is required to choose Apply and OK.
- After that, the user is required to Open the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery folder.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to copy “.adr file” and then paste it to the QB Test Folder. The folder will have a .QBW.adr& .tlg file on the QBTest folder.
- Once you have followed the above step, visit the QBTest folder and then right click the QBW.adr file and hit the Rename option.
- Now, delete the .adr from the end of the file name.
- Heading forward, open the QuickBooks software again and then Open the company file that is saved in the QBTest folder, after that the user is required to authenticate all the transactions that are there.
- After that the user is required to Run verifyutility and ensure the integrity of the company file.
- Once done with that, shift the damaged company file to some other location.
- And the final step is to transfer the copy from QBTest to the original location.
To conclude the article, the only thing we would like to say is that QuickBooks desktop support team is available round the clock for you, if in case you want any knowledge related to bugs and error associated with QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery.
Just pick your phone and call our executives on our toll-free number .i.e. +1-800-969-7370, and you are good to go.
You’ll also like: